3) A timeshare has maintenance costs and annual dues
2) A timeshare obligates you to just one location for life or has you pay exchange fees our membership allows total freedom and flexibility to travel anytime, anywhere worldwide. There are over 5,000 resorts listed presently.
3) A timeshare has maintenance costs and annual dues GRN Membership is $1,495 or $2,995 to join, with no ongoing costs or annual fees. You only pay when you want to travel and they have plenty of inexpensive "hot weeks" for $295 and $395 for a week, per week, not per person. That's a great advantage as some of the places sleep even up to 6 people at a time!
4) A timeshare does not include guest weeks. GRN does.
What are Guest Weeks?
Platinum members have access to unlimited guest weeks per year. The guest weeks are available from $399 to $799/week. Members can purchase a guest week and give it away to a family member or friend. They can pay you for the week or you can give it away as a gift. A Guest week makes an awesome wedding gift for a family member. Guest weeks can be found at any of the 5,000 + resorts worldwide.
Do yourself a favor and completely check this out. Do the free demo. There is NO obligation. If you are going to make some type of decision to go on vacation, then at least make an intelligent one.
You can call me. My phone answers Dunn Associates. If I am not in, please leave a message and I will return your call within 24 hours. Yes, that really is a picture of me, no makeup and all. . . a bit discheveled looking because the wind was blowing at the beach, but nevertheless, I am real and I am a real member and I am very happy that I can tell you "Don't buy a timeshare" speaking from experience!
THINK ABOUT THE COST OF A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP. HERE'S A BREAKDOWN.
When you are considering the cost, several things to keep in mind are:
1. When you take $2998 and spread it out over 100 years which is how long the platinum membership is for (obviously you will need to pass this membership on to someone in your family to use all 100 years), the cost is $29.98 per year (if I did my math correctly).
2. You can check with your tax accountant, but if you are using the weeks to travel for business, they should be a write off.
3. When you take 3 vacations that should have cost you $1700 for the week times 3 = $5100 and you get the same week for example for $599 instead, $599 x 3 = $1797 total cost for three vacations. $5100 minus $1797 = $3303. You have just paid for your membership in savings alone. You will be traveling for a deep discount for the next 100 years for nothing but the cost of the week, not per person, but per family member.
4. So, even if you can't get a last minute property through the standard timeshare list of resorts available (next day), and you travel frequently, then you will most likely be taking three vacations that would normally cost you $1600 - $1700 for the week over the next 100 years. You know that you can travel for as little as $298 up to $799 per week for the next 100 years, what will you be losing by becoming a member?
You will be losing by not becoming a member.
Remember too that you have access to discount hotel reservations, airline reservations and cruises, on the site as well where you can reserve shorter stays and last minute stays as well.
That was the rationale that I used to join and it makes perfect sense to me.
HOT WEEK EXAMPLE AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS RIGHT NOW
Here is an example of one hot week that is perfect for a family of 4. Click Here.